you enjoy active water sports, like watching a gorgeous sunset over a
beautiful lake, you love fishing, or you want to see a sunrise from
your own window each morning, the wonderful waterfront of Austin and
the Texas Hill Country has it all! Natural scenery at its finest!!
Waterfront property is a limited resource that is very much in demand. To own waterfront property is a dream come true to many buyers. With our extensive knowledge of waterfront property and our expertise in this area, we will help that dream come true!
FEATURED LAKE TRAVIS
18206 Lakeshore Pointe
Lago Vista, TX 78645
Potential buyers of Lake Travis waterfront property need to know at what contour of the lake the property is on. It's important to know that when the lake is down, your boat dock is still floating on your property. You also need to be aware of the elevation of all improvements on the property. There are many homes around Lake Travis that were built in the flood plain. This information needs to be obtained and considered before closing.
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Condos & Townhomes
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Lots & Acreage
Lake Travis Neighborhoods (North Shore)
This neighborhood is situated on a hill overlooking the main basin of Lake Travis. Most properties have incredible lake views!
Marshall Ford Area
This area has great deep water Lakefront property, as well as incredible lake view property.
There are great waterfront properties with lake views located between Cypress Creek and Sandy Creek.
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Homes In Volente
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Condos & Townhomes In Volente
Lago Vista is a beautiful community located about 20 miles northwest of Austin. It boasts of an abundance of scenery, wildlife and a relaxing environment. Lago Vista provides an enviable quality of life whether sailing on Lake Travis, hiking or biking in Texas Hill Country or enjoying beautiful sunsets. Lago Vista supports an active lifestyle offering opportunities for participation in theater, recreation, and many other options. It encompasses more than 15 miles of shoreline and is the gateway to the Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge. Abundant white-tailed deer roam along the shores of Lake Travis and golf courses. There is year round golfing, boating, fishing and hunting.
Map of Lago Vista AreaJonestown is located at the north end of Lake Travis, 19 miles northwest of Austin. Most waterfront lots are cliff lots.
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Homes In Lago Vista
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Condos & Townhomes In Lago Vista
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Homes In JonestownThe Village of Point Venture is located on a peninsula of Lake Travis 30 miles Northwest of Austin in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. Point Venture is popular for its many amenities that are offered to both owners and rental guests. These amenities include the Point Venture golf course, Jr. Olympic swimming pool, workout room, tennis courts, waterfront park and boat ramps, as well as a floating restaurant.
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Condos & Townhomes In Jonestown
Map of Point Venture Area
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Homes In Point Venture
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Condos & Townhomes In Point Venture
Lake Travis Neighborhoods (South Shore)
Hudson Bend--Just a short drive from Austin, the Texas Hill Country comes alive on your journey to Hudson Bend. Rolling hills and lush foliage line the road opening to glimpses of sparkling Lake Travis. Let the South Shore beckon you home, to a place where natural beauty in the form of tree lined rolling hills, steep canyons and sun kissed water greet you at every turn......
Lakeway is an incredibly beautiful city nestled in the Texas Hill Country and on Lake Travis. It is a thriving community with all of the amenities needed such as great shopping, dining, banking and entertainment options all within easy reach. Waterfront real estate from luxury estate homes to modest condos are available. With it being only 16 miles west of Austin via RR620 or FM 2222, it is an easy commute. Work in Austin, enjoy the live music scene, dine at one of Austin's fabulous restaurants, then come home to a stunning view of Texas Hill Country or Lake Travis.
Map of Lakeway Area
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Homes In Lakeway Area
Search Lake Travis Waterfront Condos & Townhomes In The Lakeway Area
Spicewood--Located 22 miles NW of Austin and 16 miles SE of Marble Falls, Spicewood real estate is becoming more and more in demand. With its lake, creek and river setting in Texas Hill Country, it provides a scenic and natural environment that is great to call home! With its close proximity to Lakeway and Austin, there are endless things to do!!
Briarcliff is on Lake Travis and Farm Road 2322, twenty miles northwest of Austin in western Travis County. Being on the cliff side of Lake Travis south shore, it offers beautiful sunsets, great watersports and is a fabulous place to live.
Lake Austin starts at Mansfield Dam and ends at the Tom Miller Dam in the city of Austin. The much photographed 360 Bridge goes over Lake Austin and is a popular gathering spot on the lake as well as a good point for launching a boat.
Westlake Hills is one of the most prestigious communities in the Austin area. With its beautiful vistas of the city in one direction and gorgeous hill country views in the other, combined with exquisite homes, tree-covered lots, beautiful landscaping, and the award-winning Eanes School District, Westlake Hills has it all!
Located only minutes from Downtown Austin and situated on the beautiful west bank of Lake Austin is the prestigious community of Rollingwood. Bordered by Lady Bird Lake, MoPac Boulevard and Westlake Hills, it couldn't be in a better location. It offers convenience, tranquility, beauty, safety and the best schools in the Austin area, which are part of the Eanes Independent School District.
Some of the subdivisions include: Lake Hills, Austin Lake Estates, Lake Ridge Estates, Rio Robles, and more. The area is located West of Loop 360 just off of Bee Caves Road (2244), in the prestigious Eanes School District. Neighborhood Association membership includes access to waterfront park on Lake Austin with boat ramp, pool, and clubhouse. Most of these subdivisions are within a 20 minute drive to downtown Austin.
OUT & ABOUT AROUND THE LAKES
THINGS TO SEE AND DO -- Some of the tourist attractions other than water activites.There are so many activities that we cannot list them all! Here are a few!
- Hill Country Flyer
- Longhorn Cavern State Park
- Canyon of the Eagles
- Krause Springs
- Lost Creek Vineyards
- Fall Creek Vinyards
- Wildlife watching and photography
- Longhorn Caverns -- Lake LBJ
- Vanishing Texas River Cruise
- Eagle Eye observatory near Burnet -- 800.977.0081
- Have a picnic in one of the many Public Parks
- Shopping for gifts, souvenirs, clothing, antiques and jewelry in the local towns
- Visit the Falls on the Colorado Museum at 903 Second Street in Marble Falls. Call 830-798-2157.
- Take the walking tour of 27 historic buildings in Llano and enjoy the historic Courthouse Square.
- Ride horses at Colbert Ranch.
Visit the Hill Country Wildlife Museum on the square in Llano. Call 325-247-2568.
- Climb Enchanted Rock 22 miles south of Llano on Ranch Road 965. Call 325-247-3903.
- Tour the Inks Dam National Fish Hatchery 12 miles west of Burnet. Call 512-793-2474.
- Take scenic drives through the hills and around the lakes in the area.
Bluebonnet Trail Information
- Visiting the Fort Croghan Museum, located next to the Burnet Chamber of Commerce on Highway 29 about 1 mile west of Highway 281. Call 512-756-8281.
- Visiting the Highland Lakes CAF Air Museum - Headquarters for Confederate Air Force Hill Country Squadron. Call 512-756-2226 for more information.
- For information on Art Galleries - Click Here.
- For information on Museums - Click Here.
- For information on Antique Stores - Click Here.
- Art & Entertainment
- Historic Sites
- Hill Country Paragliding Inc.
- Rockhoppers Family Fun Center
- Helicopter Rides
- Airscape Parasail
- Lake Buchanan Adventures
- Falkenstein Castle
- Texas Wine Trail
- Highland Lakes Wineries and Vineyards
- Country Music Donkeys
- Silver Creek Houseboat Rentals
BOATING and MARINAS
- Blue Lake Estate -- Horseshoe Bay, Texas
- Delaware Springs Municipal Golf Course -- Burnet
- The Legends Golf Course -- Kingsland
- Packsaddle Country Club -- 325.388.3863
- Highland Lakes Golf Course -- Inks Lake
- Lakeway Golf Club -- Lakeway
- Lago Vista Golf Club -- Llago Vista
- Llano River Golf Course -- Llano
- The Waterford Club -- Marble Falls
- Meadowlakes Country Club 830.639.3300-- Meadowlakes
- Slickrock, Applerock and Ram Rock Golf Courses -- Horseshoe Bay
- The Escondido Golf Course -- South side of Lake LBJ in Horseshoe Bay
- The Lakecliff Country Club 888.798.0695 -- Spicewood (overlooks the lake)
- Russo's Texitally Cafe.....Marble Falls, Texas
- Blue Bonnet Cafe.....Marble Falls, Texas. Visit the renown cafe voted in the top ten restaurants in Texas by the Texas Highways magazine.
- Storm's Restaurant.....in Burnet, Kingsland and Marble Falls, Texas
- Cooper's Old Time Barbeque.....in Llano, Texas.
- Lake LBJ Yacht Club and Marina.....Located just east of Horseshoe Bay, Texas.
- Big John's Barbeque and Steak House.....Located at the intersection of Hwy 1431 and Hwy 29 a couple miles west of Lake Buchanan.
- The Oasis.....Located in Lakeway, Texas.
- The Lakehouse Cafe.....Located in Briarcliff
- The Pier.....Located in Lago Vista, Texas. 512.267.1845
- Iguana Grill.....Located on Lake Travis
- Hula Hut.....Located on Lake Austin
- Guide to Lakeside Dining
Texas Highland Lakes Tourist Information
Online Tourism Guide
A Guide to Texas Outside
Texas Parks and Wildlife: Fresh Lakes of the Hill Country
Lake Marble Falls
Lake Lady Bird
Bird Guide for the Highland Lakes Region
Wild Life in the Highland Lakes Region
Wildflowers in the Highland Lakes Region
Lower Colorado River Authority manages Lake Travis and the other Highland Lakes
Lake Travis Historical Lake Levels (Average, Maximum & Minimum Levels By Month & Year)
FOR MORE PHOTOS OF THE AREA, PLEASE VISIT THE SITES BELOW.
Jacqueline Wittmuss, Broker
5611 Hwy 290 West
Austin, TX 78735
The information herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. However, no investigation has been made to determine the accuracy of such information. No person or entity should rely on the accuracy of this material without conducting a thorough, independent investigation of same. JW Properties has no liability expressed or implied relating to this information.