Have your ever wanted to own property on Lake Travis? JWProperties can help turn your dream into reality. From the very beginning of helping you find and purchase the perfect home to managing your property after the sale, we will guide you through each step of the process. Waterfront property on Lake Travis is OUR specialty in both sales and vacation home rentals.
Overall, the climate of the Lake Travis and Lake Austin area is temperate with mild winters and relatively low humidity. The average rainfall is about 32 inches of rain a year, which means the sun shines more than 300 days a year. Temperatures average 74 to 94 degrees in the summer and 40 to 70 degrees in the winter. The average daily temperature is a lovely 78 degrees.
Its weather doesn't normally see huge extremes, although the change between hot and coldor dry and wet happen so quickly that it can seemlike an extreme change.Although the summers can gethot and stay hot forweeks on end, it is normallypleasant and comfortable.
With the cool breeze off of the lakes, residents and vacationers enjoy the escape of the summer heat!
* Temperate, Humid Subtropical: Mild winters; hot summers
* Average: 69 degrees Fahrenheit
* Average Low: 58
* Average High: 79
* Average Annual Rainfall: 32.1"
* Average Days of Sunshine: 300 or so (includes partly cloudy)
* Major Austin Weather Hazards: Flash Flooding; Summer Heat; Lightning;
* Average # of Days Above 90 degrees: 111
* Summer 2000 had 41 days at or above 100 degrees
* 100 plus days generally occur in June, July, and August but have occurred as
early as May and as late as October
* Average # of Days Above 80 degrees: 198
* Average # of Days Below 45 degrees: 88
* Average # of Days Below 32 degrees (freezing): 19
* Average Annual Snowfall: 0" (rarely snows)
Austin Weather Records
* Highest Recorded Temperature: 112 degrees on September 5, 2000
* Lowest Recorded Temperature: -2 on January 31, 1949
* Longest Dry Spell: 65 days in 1993
* Most Rain in 24-hr period: 19.03 inches September 9-10, 1921
* Snowfall Record: 9.7 inches on November 11, 1937
* White Christmas: Since 1926 there has been no snow on Christmas Day or
* Most recent significant snowfall: February 14, 2004; gone by noon
* Tornado: Last one in Austin and Travis County was May 27, 1997; Although
tornadoes are not rare in Central Texas, they are rare in Austin
Do you have a question about renting a Lake Vacation Home, buying a home or selling yours, or would like more information on Vacation Home Management? Please feel free to e-mail or call using any of the information below. You will get a response as quickly as possible.
The information herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. However, no investigation has been made to determine the accuracy of such information. No person or entity should rely on the accuracy of this material without conducting a thorough, independent investigation of same. JW Properties has no liability expressed or implied relating to this information.